Study Status: Closed to enrollment
Study Name: MAGELLAN II
Study Focus: Fat Burning during Weight Loss
Study Purpose: Are you overweight? Have you always struggled to lose weight? The purpose of this study is to collect data to help researchers get a better understanding of our body’s ability to burn fat during weight loss.
Study Commitment: 2 screening visits, 13 study visits
Study Duration: Approximately 12 weeks
Study Qualifications: Healthy overweight and/or obese male and female subjects between the ages of 18 and 55 years who want to lose weight.
- 12 week weight loss program with diet (meal replacements) with or without a diet drug
- Physical Exam
- EKG (heart tracing)
- Blood, urine, and tissue collection
- Dual Energy X-ray Absorptimetry (DEXA) scan to measure body composition
- Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) and fat burning measurement
- Dietary Counseling
- Daytime Meal Replacement (Shakes provided)
Compensation offered? Yes
Study Contact: To learn more, please call 1-877-854-8475 or fill out the Contact Us form.